- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
How to support:
– Become a coach, not a manager:
– Keep your team motivated
– Use inclusive language
– Demonstrate empathy
– Be visible and supportive
– Take it upon yourself to introduce team members to other mentors
– Accept that you do not know everything, that there are gaps in situations
– Support teams with the mental health aspect of working (especially when working from home)
– Not everyone works in the same way- embrace this. Show this support and be in-tune with each individual
– Ensure you have clear, defined role models in your firm for someone to confide in and to provide clear roadmaps for progression. In particular:
– Encourage your staff to engage with people from different offices and have identifiable role models.
– Have mentoring programmes that is not just an individual’s manager but involves mentors from across the business:
o As a Mentee- put out what you want from this relationship.
o As a mentor- match skills and make the connection.
o People managers also need to use their network.
Read the discussions and comments from the Finance Hive Community and post a question to get your answers!