Fixed Income US – Striking the Balance Between High Touch vs. Low Touch Trading on the Desk: Digital Boardroom
27 April 2021
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Zoom – EDT
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS IN: EASTERN DAY TIME (EDT).
Individually tailored learning & networking experience for Heads of Trading, Fixed Income, Credit, and Rates from international and local long-only asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds and wealth managers..
The main topic of discussion is: “The roadmap to a return to office: Benchmarking how can heads of desk balance flexible working, remain visible and integrate their teams back onto the trading floor.”
During this digital session, buy side heads will come together to share how they plan their phased return to the office, which will include sharing tips on how you can reintegrate traders on the trading floor, balance flexible working, and best manage trader well-being, performance, and development. In addition, buy side heads will share views on the long-term implications this could have on your roles as heads of desk as well as the trading floors.
If this boardroom focus is a top priority for you book now to request to join the discussion. Once you have selected to join, and your request is accepted, you will receive a notification in “My Notifications” in your profile confirming your booking!
Following this acceptance a member of The Finance Hive team will reach out to schedule some time in your diary to understand more about your specific needs and send you the calendar invite with all the details you need.
You can review all your meetings and status of your bookings in “My Meetings” on your profile page.
Your Peer Group Is Your Secret Source – Closed doors, Open minds, Chatham House Rule applies.
Topics of discussion include:
- Breaking down low touch vs. high touch
- Reviewing desk models and approaches
- Assessing the modern requirements of a trader
Detailed breakdown of Roundtable topics:
Breaking down low touch vs. high touch
- What aspects of fixed income trading now lend themselves to a low touch set up?
- How are trading desks resourcing themselves for both high touch and low touch trading?
Reviewing desk models and approaches
- Assessing the different models and approaches for fixed income low and high touch trading- what is best suited to increase workflow efficiencies?
- What internal and external technology stacks are essential for the modern desk structure of low and high touch?
- Does the electronification of markets and workflow require the break up of the desk into low touch and high touch?
Assessing the modern requirements of a trader
- Low touch and the electronification of trader expertise- What are the essential skillsets for a trader which you need embedded in your trading team?
- Is a low touch vs high touch desk the way forward or is it best for them to remain integrated?
- How can low touch fixed income trading integrate with other asset classes; should your traders remain specialist?